The Golden Visa program was launched by the Portuguese authorities so that foreign investors outside the European community who wish to invest in Portugal can obtain a valid residence permit, the Golden Visa.
In the Golden Visa program, non-EU citizens only need to make an investment in Portugal that is required by law to qualify for a residence permit. This residence permit will allow the investor and his family members to live in Portugal and travel freely to most European countries (Schengen area).
With the aim of attracting foreign citizens from outside the EU to invest in Portugal, Golden Visa presents simple and clear legal requirements.
In conclusion, the Golden Visa program is one of the most attractive residence permit programs for those looking to invest in Portugal.
Advantages of Golden Visa:
Golden Visa has a number of associated advantages for non-EU citizens who wish to invest in Portugal, such as:
• It is not necessary to obtain a visa to enter Portugal;
• It is not necessary to obtain a visa to travel in Europe (Schengen area);
• The residence permit is extended to the rest of the family;
• The minimum periods of stay in Portugal are reduced;
• You can live and work in Portugal, even if you live in another country;
• Reduced rates;
• Permanent residence after 5 years;
• Citizenship after 6 years.